office of Student Financial Assistance
Welcome to the Office of Student Financial Assistance
Your education at Texas A&M University—Central Texas is unlike any product or service you can buy—it's an investment in yourself and your future. It will pay benefits for the rest of your life in terms of your ability to earn a higher salary, being exposed to new ideas, learning about the world around you and much more. Regardless of your financial resources, attending Texas A&M University - Central Texas is possible. We offer a variety of assistance including grants, student and parent loans, scholarships and tuition exemption programs. If you need assistance, the Office of Student Financial Assistance (SFA) is here to help.
How to Pay Without TA: Alternative Resource Information
Access information on a variety of alternate resources that may be available to students affected by the suspension of the tuition assistance program or who may have exhausted tuition assistance resources.
- The Summer 2013 Financial Aid Application is Now Available! If you plan to attend at least 6 hours in Summer 2013, you may be eligible to receive financial aid. The deadline to submit your Summer 2013 Financial Aid Office Application is May 31st, 2013 (further restrictions apply). Note: Summer falls at the end of the academic year, so your eligibility for federal funds may be limited if you received the maximum amount of your Pell Grant and / or student loans in the fall and spring semester(s).
- Attending TAMUCT in the upcoming 2013-2014 academic year? Complete your 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and apply for financial aid today!
- Taking a summer vacation from school? If so, and you plan to attend the Fall 2013 semester, be sure to reactivate your scholarship general application by no later than June 1st, 2013 (see below for instructions) in order to be considered for Fall 2013 scholarship opportunities.
- Haven't applied for scholarships at TAMUCT? You may also be considered for Fall 2013 scholarship opportunities. Create a profile within the TAMUCT Scholarship Portal and complete the general application and essay by no later than June 1st, 2013.
- Avoid delays in receiving your refund by signing up for Direct Deposit. Learn how to sign up for Direct Deposit!
To receive maximum consideration for financial aid, your FAFSA and all requested and required documentation (including appropriate electronic data exchange) must be received by the institution prior to April 1 for the upcoming academic year.
Applicants are responsible for the timeliness and promptness of their applications. To receive financial aid, your FAFSA and all required documentation must be recieved in a timely manner. No aid will be processed after the following dates:
- Summer semester: May 31
- Fall semester: October 15
- Spring semester: March 15