office of Admissions and Records
International Graduate Students
Spring 2013, deadline is November 15th 2012
Summer 2013, deadline is April 15, 2013
Fall 2013, deadline is June 15th, 2013
If you do not see the semester for which you wish to apply when you visit APPLYTEXAS, you may have missed the deadline for application. Applications close 60 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
Students applying for admission are required to pay a non-refundable, application-processing fee of $130.00. Make the check, Visa or Master Card payable to Texas A&M University - Central Texas. The Application Fee must be submitted with the application form.
Applicants to a Graduate Program must have earned at least a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or equivalent from a foreign institution)
All of the following items must be on file in the Admissions Office before a decision can be made:
- Complete and submit the electronic International Graduate application form at: www.applytexas.org
- Applicants must submit accredited translations and evaluations of all the previous academic course work, which includes complete description of courses and overall G.P.A. The transcript must bear the date of Bachelor's degree conferral indicating that the applicant was in good standing at the last institution attended. If you have the original Diploma, please include it. See http://www.naces.org/members.htm
- Complete I-134; Affidavit of Support (completed with U.S. currency figures only)
- Must have completed English 1301 & 1302 with a C or better or submit TOEFFL scores.
- TOEFL Score: Original test scores (minimum of 520 for Regular TOEFL; 190 for Computerized TOEFL; 69 for Internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS Score: 6 minimum
- GRE/GMAT Score: Applicants are required to submit a copy of either GRE or GMAT examination scores. Applicants planning to pursue a Master's program in Business may submit GMAT scores instead of GRE scores.
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher may be granted conditional admission to the Graduate Program without GRE/GMAT scores, but they must complete one or the other during their first semester at Texas A&M University - Central Texas.
- Applicant must have a reliable financial sponsor. To obtain a visa from the American Embassy, the prospective student must have documented evidence of financial solvency written on a bank letterhead. A sponsor is obligated to also endorse all expenditures for the applicant during the first year of study.
- Photographs: Two recent passport-sized photographs.
Housing: Texas A&M University - Central Texas currently partners with Central Texas Community College for students needing to reside in the dormitories. Please contact CTC housing for details at 254-526-1790.
Medical Insurance Fees for medical insurance will be charged with tuition at the time of registration after full admission.
Estimated Cost for Graduate (9 hours = Full Time Enrollment)
Cost Item Notes
$5135.60 Tuition and fees 3 courses per semester
$2,678.00 University Housing shared apartment
$1,500.00 Books, Personal expenses
$369.00 Required Insurance billed with tuition
$9,682.60 One semester full-time student
X2 One year full-time fall and spring terms
$19,365.20 Approximate Total Per Year
Laboratory Fees($2.00 - $30.00)
Course Enhancement Fees($5.00 - $25.00)
Parking ($30.00 Fall/Spring; $10.00 Summer)
Testing for Undergraduates ($15.00)
Distance Learning Fee ($80.00 Per Credit Hour)
International Program Fee ($40.00 Per Semester FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY)
OTHER COURSE RELATED FEES-FIELD PLACEMENT, SCIENCE, ENGLISH, MATH, ETC.