New to Online?
Technology Requirements for Online Learning
Online courses require that you have a reliable internet connection. All of your coursework and exams will be assigned and submitted in an online environment. To successfully complete an online course, you must have access to these minimum technology tools:
- Internet connection
- Desktop or Laptop computer with 2Gb RAM and 60Gb Hard drive space (4Gb RAM, 400Gb Hard drive is preferred)
- Windows Vista or 7 32-bit, or Windows Vista or 7 64-bit, or Mac OSX "Leopard®"
- Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari 4.0
- Text Editor (MS Word preferred)
- Audio/Video Player
- Course-Recommended Plug-ins
- Course-Recommended Software
The above listing is for minimum requirements. Some courses will require that you purchase additional software related to the course and your field of study.
The following software is provided by third parties that are not related to TAMUCT. TAMUCT is not responsible for problems occurring with them.
Are You Ready for Online Learning?
SmarterMeasure® provides a test to measure your readiness for online learning. It will give you a detailed report of your strengths and weaknesses, as well as a list of resources that will help to be a successful online student.
Type the Username: tamuctgrad
Use the Password: w@rriors